Monday, January 24, 2011

Sonata BYOB

So this will fall under the food portion of this on-again-off-again food and dance blog:

We took my mother out for her birthday last night to Sonata, a BYOB on Liberties Walk. This will be a short review, but I need to say, the food was excellent, reasonably priced for the quality of food. The decor was inviting and cozy, and left the real magical work to be done by the food. With 8 people, the table ordered a good selection of the menu (Pork tenderloin, braised short rib, seared salmon, bacon wrapped chicken, lobster "mac and cheese") and all plates were cleared. Speaking for myself, I started with an excellently delicate scallop crudo, my entre was the butter poached Lobster and cheesy pappardelle (the phrase lobster "mac and cheese" really doesn't do the dish justice) which was delicious, the lobster was cooked perfectly, and there was jsut enough of everything. I wasn't left wanting for sauce, lobster, or pasta. I capped my meal off with the whimsical fried apple pies. 3 mini fried pies with ice cream and caramel sauce were the perfect sweet cap off to a great meal.  I highly recommend Sonata. I look forward to eating more of Chef Mark Tropea's creations in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment