Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Unbelievably Good

Just a quick note about my impromptu Valentines Dinner out with my lovely wife...

I picked my wife up from work around 5:30 and on a whim we decided to have dinner at Han Dynasty(www.handynasty.net) in Old City. Having heard good things about the and hilarious anecdotes about the web address and credit card tag (read Han dynasty as all one word = handy nasty), we stopped in for and early bird dinner. We were the first to arrive for the evening and we're greeted warmly and seated promptly. We ordered the Pork Belly in Garlic Sauce appetizer, The Dumplings appetizer, the Garlic Sauce style Shrimp, and the Hot Sauce style pork. Delicious does not begin to describe the levels of flavor we enjoyed. The Pork Belly, a cold spicy adventure. The dumplings were delicate and full of flavor. The Garlic style shrimp had, and I mean this in the most comfort-food deliciousness kind of way, a certain cool ranch Doritos flavor about it. I really need to be clear about the culinary heights of this dish, it was spectacular and not because it tasted like cool ranch, that was just an instant taste association I had with it. I don't know how else to describe it, perfectly cooked shrimp with a creamy, green oniony, sweet, tangy deliciousness. The silky Hot Sauce style pork hit all the right notes. One note that I think I would keep in mind next time, would be to order something that is explicitly note spicy. The spiciness was great and not in a painful way, just real depth of flavor. But everything we ordered had the heat. Maybe when the server asked "Are you guys okay with spicy?" we should have thought twice about our overall meal composition. Never-the-less, everything was and continues to be excellent - as I'm finishing eating the pork belly for lunch today.

So thank you Han Dynasty for a spectacular meal on a surprise Valentines Day night out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment